During June 2021, Frankston City Council provided you with two options on how we could complete some renewal works on the Keast Park Boardwalk in Seaford. We asked you to tell us which option you would like:
Option one (Wingwall) – boardwalk with wingwalls. A similar style structure to the bowling club and existing deck areas at Keast Park.
Option two (Post & Rail) – boardwalk with post and rail. A similar style to the existing structure that is being replaced.
You have told us that you would like Option two - Post & Rail
Works will commence onsite from Monday 19 July. You can keep up to date on the progress by following this project.
Keast Park Boardwalk Renewal
The existing boardwalk that provides access to the beach at the Northern end of Keast Park is scheduled to be replaced. Renewal works are require due to the poor condition of the existing substructure and are being undertaken as part of Council’s ongoing bridge and pedestrian structure renewal program.
Site analysis and consultation with key stakeholders and community groups has identified issues and opportunities to be considered when replacing the structure.
Two different options have been identified:
- Option one – boardwalk with wingwalls. A similar style structure to the bowling club and existing deck areas at Keast Park.
- Option two – boardwalk with post and rail. A similar style to the existing structure that is being replaced.
Some of the benefits of the project include:
- Enhanced accessibility through improvements to sand retention, beach ramps, railings and seating.
- Improved dune protection and integration with fencing.
- Extensive planting of Indigenous vegetation upon completion of works.
Your feedback on the options determined the preferred method for the replacement structure.
Works will be scheduled in the winter / off peak period to minimise disruption to beach goers.