Local Area Traffic Management Study - McCormicks Precinct
We invite the community to input into the Draft McCormicks Precinct Local Area Traffic Management Plan (LATM). You are invited to input via survey and via a mapping tool, see links to the right.
Two letters have been sent to all residents and businesses in this precinct area in July 2021 and December 2020 notifying of the project and seeking input. Residents were also invited to be part of the Resident Traffic Committee that has engaged with Council on this project.
Council sincerely thanks all those who have done so to date.
Click here for a
Frankston City Council have been working closely with Ratio
Consultants, the Resident Traffic Committee, local schools, and the community
to develop a draft LATM Plan for the study area. The information collected
through a variety of community engagement activities earlier this year, as well
as an extensive data collection program, were utilised to identify key traffic
issues and potential solutions.
Draft Recommended LATM Plan
The recommended traffic treatments have been considered on an area wide basis to ensure that treatments don’t adversely impact on adjacent streets.
The objectives of the LATM plan are to:
- Reduce the incidence, severity and potential for vehicle and pedestrian crashes;
- Improve the safety of local intersections;
- Improve the safety of local streets by reducing traffic speeds;
- Discourage non-local through traffic from using lower order residential streets;
- Develop a proposal that addresses traffic concerns raised by the community, while maintaining adequate levels of accessibility for local residents, local businesses and emergency services; and
- Maximise the safety benefits with the available funding, with priority given to reported crash locations and those streets with the greatest level of community concern.
The draft recommended LATM Plan and Information Sheet that summarises the traffic issues identified in the precinct, along with the proposed treatments to address these, are included on this page.
Timeline item 1 - active
7 July - 30 July 2021
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
Result collation & report preparation
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Report presented to Council
20 September 2021