Council has proposed an extension to the existing shared user path along Dandenong Rd East. The new path would be located between Cricklewood Ave and Fletcher Rd, Frankston, to provide a continuous link to Frankston Station.
The works proposed along Dandenong Rd East include, but are not limited to:
- Excavation of existing nature-strip area adjacent to railway tracks.
- Removal of existing trees and vegetation, subject to planning permit approval.
- Construction of 2.0 – 3.0m wide plain concrete shared user path.
- Realignment of existing road and kerb and channel (as required on East and West side of Dandenong Rd E) to accommodate the minimum width for the proposed shared user path.
- Installation of new stormwater drainage and modifications to existing drainage where required.
- On street car parking at some locations will be impacted.
- Installation of line-marking and traffic signs.
- Alterations to existing service pit covers where required.
- Reinstatement of all disturbed areas.
- After the completion of civil works, we’ll explore options to replant new trees and vegetation where possible.
Council will consult with those directly impacted by these proposed upgrades as well as community members and visitors to the area.